Pastoral Musings from Rain City

it's about 'what is church?' it's about whether 'emergent' is the latest Christian trend or something more substantial. it's musing on what it means to live faithfully...in the city, in America, in community, intergenerationally, at this time in history...

Friday, June 27, 2008

A book I hope you'll like...


Well, it's finally happened. The book I wrote last summer, edited last fall, and signed off on in the winter, is IN STOCK at Amazon.com, and available in downloadable form very soon from "Conversant Life" a web community to which I belong as a contributor.

I must say that the writing was great fun, and the message I'm sharing through the book is deeply important. It's about things I speak of often at my church in Seattle; spiritual disciplines, kindgom living, creation theology, all rolled into the vast subject of creating a "Rule of Life", a more a less consistent set of practices that one seeks to build into life for the purpose of living more fully, and making Christ more profoundly visible.

I feel a little awkward with on the marketing side of things, but because I believe that the things I've written about in the book are so important, I'd be grateful if, after reading it, you might be willing to share a review on Amazon.

This summer, I'm starting work on another book, and again, am loving the writing piece. I hope you will find enjoyment in the reading piece.

Thanks...

9 Comments:

At 28/6/08 05:52, Blogger Matt Wenman said...

Congratulations Richard!
This is a wonderful time and I (along with many many others) am extremely excited to dive into reading your book! Thanks for your wisdom and for letting God work through you in this way...

 
At 28/6/08 19:46, Blogger Rachel said...

I can't wait to pick up a copy!

 
At 28/6/08 21:18, Blogger MountainPowerLineman said...

I'm looking forward to it. I've already got my copy on order with Amazon.

 
At 30/6/08 11:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations indeed Richard!

 
At 30/6/08 14:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Richard! My copy is arriving tomorrow from amazon... I'm excited to read it!

 
At 30/6/08 14:12, Blogger Krystel said...

This is such an achievement! Congratulations Richard! I can't wait to read it! You continually bless our community and we celebrate this with you.

 
At 1/7/08 11:17, Blogger Dan said...

Ordered mine yesterday - looking forward to the read.

 
At 1/7/08 22:44, Blogger em said...

just got mine in the mail today! can't wait to dive in-thanks for leading our community with such honest examination of truth...

 
At 2/7/08 22:54, Blogger postcall said...

Congratulations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home